piwo and bamboo

Common issues related with growing bamboo in Central-Eastern Europe...

Moderatorzy: Sobal, Gantz

needmore
Mowgli
Wpisz jaki mamy teraz rok.: 0
Kontaktowanie:

piwo and bamboo

Post autor: needmore » 27 wrz 2007 07:07

Sorry, not bamboo but beer first. I buy 2 six packs of beer, both cost almost US $10 for 6. Polish beer Zywiec, Czech beer Klaster. Are these thought to be good beer in your country? Both are better than most American beer, perhaps I like the Klaster better but both I enjoyed.

Now to bamboo, it seems to me that Harbin Inversa may be almost as hardy as Bissetii, and it is the hardiest of the Aureosulcata forms in my garden. The form Harbin is not very hardy, it dies back before any other Aureosulcata perhaps at only -15C it dies here. Harbin Inversa does not die back at -22C and it is located next to the Harbin. Do you see this also?

Awatar użytkownika
Sobal
Site Admin
Kontaktowanie:

Re: piwo and bamboo

Post autor: Sobal » 14 kwie 2008 00:17

needmore pisze:[..]Polish beer Zywiec, Czech beer Klaster. Are these thought to be good beer in your country? Both are better than most American beer, perhaps I like the Klaster better but both I enjoyed.
De gustibus non est disputandum! :mrgreen: but...
I also prefer heavier, Czech beer - e.g. Staropramen, Budweiser from Budějovický Budvar (known as Czechvar in US), Velkopopovicky Kozel, Pilsner but brewed in Czech.

How was the winter in Southern Indiana? Our was very wet and warm so I have 0% leaf loss. It's a second warm winter in line so it could be a real kick-start for many plants without cost of rebuilding foliage and longer vegetation time.
][
][
][Sobal

needmore
Mowgli
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: needmore » 18 kwie 2008 08:06

Czechvar I have enjoyed lately, also Plsner Urquell is one of my favorite.

Cold winter, perhaps 6-8 nights between -10C and -14C. -18.9C was the coldest, 2 other nights at -18C. Many species with lots of damage, some with only minor damage. New shoots now starting on all Sasa, Indocalamus, Pleioblastus ground covers, B. fargesii, Moso, Harbin Inversa, Spectabilis, Praecox, Aureosulcata, F. rufa. Days warm now 25C today, 24C yesterday and tomorrow too, many shoots to come very soon.

Awatar użytkownika
Bpjea
Gajowy

Post autor: Bpjea » 20 maja 2008 02:12

Sobal pisze:How was the winter in Southern Indiana? Our was very wet and warm so I have 0% leaf loss. It's a second warm winter in line so it could be a real kick-start for many plants without cost of rebuilding foliage and longer vegetation time.
Although the last winter wasn't very cold, three of my bamboo lost their leaves. That were P. prominens, P. tianmuensis and Semiarundinaria fastuosa. The leaves of Bashania fargesii suffered quite a lot of damage too. The lowest temperature in my garden was only -15 degrees C this year, but that temperature came suddenly together with a pretty strong wind.

Greetings,
Bpjea

Awatar użytkownika
WuDeChang
Krzewiciel
Wpisz jaki mamy teraz rok.: 2012
Kontaktowanie:

Let no Łomża fool you, Mamboh. (To your intelligence)

Post autor: WuDeChang » 27 cze 2009 20:19

Needmore pisze:I buy 2 six packs of beer, both cost almost US $10 for 6. Polish beer Zywiec (...)
Just by the way:
They (Native Americans, Englishmen, cute Negroes and so on, Cowboys, you know, 無論何人 whoever) say or complain that polish beer is cheap (yes, but meaning it's unbelievable cheap – comparison, about taste – too cheap for its quality, because it's no tricks good, so something must be wrong with it!). Jeviec (like French "Je t'aime" - oh, "Michelle my bell" on the radio now – sorry, or Chinese zh, or sth) is that city among mountain men folks – Archduke Brewery (since1856, and what is known? – Tyskie Duke Brewery since 1629), bought by Heineken (but them beer drinkers say that Heineken itself is like with added water). Well, Żywiec isn't just not sweet. Now to point out something, I was going to, actually:

• Peevo – pH = 4,5. (ooh, my dear, sour acid! somebody even in here said "it's a real hardcore [level]")
even • Kovvee – pH = 5. (still you are just too much!)
• Tee – pH = 5,5. (you see 'Have Tea – be Bamboo-Chá*' – all right, kosher A OK) *CHI/JP - as that Unlucky Bamboo's signature, I guess
• Milk – pH = 6,5. (you see 'Drink milk – you'll be big/great' – all right, kosher A OK)

Hah! My this! And they still go on with that cock-and-bull story "Coffee or Tea [?]"-every-morning-TV! Would you believe? EVERY Morning!
So, you know what kind of match is that beer & bamboo – I hope people know what is potionous for them, and feed them with proper fuel (but it's the philosophy that concerns all life aspects – like _Hehehe's name or something).

As for the Harbin – yes, very nice city (like Barack Obama about Obama, JP) – forgive me, I have to be place policy correct, at least that much

Long Live Czech-Chinese-Polish Orthodox Gentlemen Club.
and Best wishes
–––––––
So sorry for all the flooded [it's real] again...
High Hopes, nie pytajcie czym nawozimy, wkładamy całe serce w tą robotę...jeśli tylko nie stoi nad nami żaden phara-oh..no. Cytaty Wszechczasów: "Tylko nie jedzcie tych jabłek, a ten Ogólnoglobanly Ogród będzie Wasz."

ODPOWIEDZ