Phy. prominens

Common issues related with growing bamboo in Central-Eastern Europe...

Moderatorzy: Sobal, Gantz

needmore
Mowgli
Wpisz jaki mamy teraz rok.: 0
Kontaktowanie:

Phy. prominens

Post autor: needmore » 16 maja 2008 11:15

I wonder if some person can provide a photo of an immature Phy prominens shoots? I have picture of mature shoots but not the young shoots. My plant is possibly wrong species so I hope to compare picture with my young shoots which do not look like the mature shoot.

Awatar użytkownika
Sobal
Site Admin
Kontaktowanie:

Re: Phy. prominens

Post autor: Sobal » 16 maja 2008 17:19

Ask Pavel Rezl from Czech rep., I'm sure that he can help you.
Here is contact info:

http://bambusarium.cz/index.php?id=18,0,0,1,0,0

][
][
][Sobal

Awatar użytkownika
Sobal
Site Admin
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: Sobal » 16 maja 2008 17:23

needmore
Mowgli
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: needmore » 16 maja 2008 18:49

Yes, I've seen these photos of the mature shoots thank you for posting them. I have a plant from Jos VDP that he now says is perhaps wrong for Prominens. It is a very young plant so the shoots do not yet look like the adult plant and I am hoping to see if there are pictures of other young ones. I'll contact Pavel, thank you.

Awatar użytkownika
Bpjea
Gajowy

Post autor: Bpjea » 20 maja 2008 01:56

needmore pisze:I wonder if some person can provide a photo of an immature Phy prominens shoots? I have picture of mature shoots but not the young shoots. My plant is possibly wrong species so I hope to compare picture with my young shoots which do not look like the mature shoot.
I've got quite a young plant of P. prominens. Last year it had only one culm of less than a half an inch of diameter. It has lost all the leaves this winter and it's just sprouting on the culm. New shoots are expected but I'm still waiting to see them. I can take a photo of one, if only I get a digital camera on time (I don't have my own). Last year's shoot's sheaths were resembling a bit those of P. vivax with a lot of dots or dark spots.
You can also distinguish this species by a very prominent nodes - it's seen well or even better on lateral branches.

Greetings,
Bpjea

wufeng
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: wufeng » 30 maja 2008 17:22

I have a few photos here: http://bambusy.info/?bambus:Phyllostachys-prominens Maybe it can help you. My plant is from H. Prins and he is sure that his plant is genuine prominens.

Obrazek

needmore
Mowgli
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: needmore » 30 maja 2008 17:51

Wufeng, that is helpful, thank you. I have now become sure that my Prominens is instead Bissetii! I have 3 groves of Bissetii already so to import the wrong plant from Europe was disappointing. Now I have 3 replacement plants waiting for me at JvDP's to correct this error. Anyone going to see him soon who might wish to pick them up for me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

wufeng
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: wufeng » 30 maja 2008 19:05

Sorry, this year i want to go to Germany only. F. Vaupel have good selections (not meristems) of Fargesia murieliae. It is very hard work to find good one in the trade. Most of those i tried were bad growing. I want try a few his selections in my garden.

See here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... uage_tools

Awatar użytkownika
Sobal
Site Admin
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: Sobal » 31 maja 2008 00:22

Wufeng, very good picture BTW...
][
][
][Sobal
http://www.bambusy.pl

Awatar użytkownika
Bpjea
Gajowy

Post autor: Bpjea » 31 maja 2008 08:26

wufeng pisze:I have a few photos here: http://bambusy.info/?bambus:Phyllostachys-prominens Maybe it can help you. My plant is from H. Prins and he is sure that his plant is genuine prominens.
Though it's not that necessary now, I can add a picture of my P. prominens as soon as I take it. It's just started to shoot.
It looks pretty the same as Yours, Wufeng :) Some other characteristics of that plant tell me that it's P. prominens and I have no doubts about it.

Greetings,
Bpjea

wufeng
Kontaktowanie:

Post autor: wufeng » 31 maja 2008 18:17

This bamboo is new for me. Only one year in my garden. Has 3 stems with prominent nodes. This winter was very mild here in the Prague, so i dont know nothing about his hardinnes. I have this one in shady place so i am waiting :roll: still for new shoots.

Awatar użytkownika
Bpjea
Gajowy

Post autor: Bpjea » 07 cze 2008 03:20

wufeng pisze:This bamboo is new for me. Only one year in my garden. Has 3 stems with prominent nodes. This winter was very mild here in the Prague, so i dont know nothing about his hardinnes. I have this one in shady place so i am waiting :roll: still for new shoots.
Here the winter was also mild and the plant is young too. It lost all their leaves after a short period of -15 degrees C and hard winds. It seems little hardy as I compare it to my other Phyllostachys species. However I guess it should do quite fine here :)

Greetings,
Bpjea

ODPOWIEDZ